(Last Updated – January 10, 2022)
1. SCOPE AND CONSENT
2. TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Our goal is to collect and use information to deliver effective and personalized services which take your interests and preferences into account, as well as for our legitimate business needs and interests.
There are two main types of information we collect about users of our online services that include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Information that identifies you: This is commonly referred to as “personal information” and includes, for example, information that you provide to us such as your name, home address, age, gender, telephone number, e-mail address, payment information (including your credit card number), and/or photos or video footage of you; and
• Information that relates to you, but on its own does not identify you: Such as information about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our online services and information relating to your usage of those services.
There are six main categories of information we collect about users of our online services users that include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Contact/Registration information: for example, your telephone number or e-mail address, where you have subscribed to a service such as program updates; name, age, gender or interests when you register for an account on one of our online services; delivery address where you are buying a product or service through an online service; or your age, location or delivery address if you choose to enter a competition or sweepstake offered through the online services.
• Transaction information: when you order products or services through the online services, you may provide information such as your credit / debit card details and other personal information related to that transaction.
• Information that you provide on message boards and other user forums: including your username, images or videos. Please use caution when posting to messages boards or other forums, as information posted to these portions of the online services is public information.
• Information about your equipment: for example, the type and version of your device’s operating system or web browser, your device ID, and in some instances, your device’s location. • Information about your interactions with the online services: for example, your Internet protocol or (IP) address, pages that you visit within the online services, gameplay data or other information collected through Cookies and Tracking Technologies.
• Information that is collected from social networks and publicly available data: if you visit our online services on a device through which you also interact with social networks or if you interact with us through a social media function such as a plug-in (for example, a Facebook “like” button) then you may be permitting us to have on-going access to some information from your social network profile (such as your name, email address, your friend list, photo, age, gender, location, birthday, social networking ID, current city, the people/sites you follow, and so forth). If you don’t want a social network to collect the information about you as described above, or you don’t want to a social network to share it with us and other third parties, please review the privacy settings and instructions of the applicable social network before you visit and use our online services.
3. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect your information when you use our online services in three main ways:
• Directly from you, when you provide it to us: for example, when you request products or services from us, when you register with us, respond to surveys, contact us or otherwise interact with us. Please remember that if others use devices into which you remain logged in, they may share information with us as if they were you, and they may have access to information that you have previously provided us. To protect your privacy, please log out from the online services you use from shared devices.
• From third parties including social networks, other online services, from publicly available records, and from our trusted business partners.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information to:
• provide the services you have requested, including sweepstakes, contests or promotions;
• create an online services account if you have requested one;
• personalize the services offered by us or our affiliates, including providing personalized advertising on some online services (see options for opting-out of personalized advertising here);
• respond to your inquiries, requests, and comments;
• allow you to participate in the interactive features of our online services, where you choose to do so;
• provide technical support for the online services;
• prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities (including copyright infringement) on the online services;
• protect the safety of users and others on the online services;
• enforce our online services’ terms of service;
• understand how online services are used so that we can continuously improve them, and the services we provide to you;
• send you service-related communications, including announcements and administrative messages;
• send you newsletters and information about products, services and promotions relating to us and/or our business partners or other organizations that we work with, in accordance with your communication preferences. Subject to legal restrictions (including consent where necessary) we may also use technology (such as Facebook Custom Audiences) to deliver advertising to you on other sites based on the email address or other personal information you provided to us or through the use of information we received from third parties. Please see Your Rights and Choices for further information about how you can control these updates;
• if you use an ACCOLADE Celebrations e-commerce website to send gifts, we may use the email addresses that you provide to send your gifts, provide other communications relating to such transaction, as well as any further communications as may be authorized by the recipients;
• implement social networking features you have activated; and
• we may combine all the information we collect or receive about you for any of the foregoing purposes.
5. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Information shared among ACCOLADE Celebrations affiliates.
• When you choose to register for an account on any ACCOLADE Celebrations online service: the information you provide may be shared with ACCOLADE Celebrations affiliates and used to help us better tailor our services, products and advertising to you. Note that you may be registered for different accounts with different ACCOLADE Celebrations group companies or in different areas of our business. Please visit the account settings page of the applicable online service if you wish you “deregister” from your account or for more information, or e-mail email@example.com.
• Information collected automatically: this information collected from your interaction with the online services via Cookies and Tracking Technologies, which may or may not include personal information, may be shared with ACCOLADE Celebrations affiliates for the purposes of research, analysis, marketing and ad-serving. For information about this and your choices see Cookies and Tracking Technologies.
Information shared with trusted third parties:
• Service providers or business partners that we have retained to perform certain business related functions on our behalf: Such as for research and analytics, hosting websites, fulfilling transactions, maintaining databases, administering contests, providing technology services and platforms, and processing payments. These parties are provided only with the personal information or other information they need to perform their functions and can only use and disclose that information as is necessary to perform the services on our behalf, or to comply with legal requirements. We take steps to ensure that third-party service providers will take appropriate steps to protect your personal information.
• For Mobile Apps: In addition, in relation to Mobile Apps we may share your usage and personal information with operating system, platforms providers, carriers and/or other mobile apps either operated by us or third parties. Please see our Mobile Apps section for additional detail.
Information we share with advertisers (including Targeted Advertising)
Some online services, including Mobile Apps, may be supported with advertising, and collect data to help the online services serve ads. This helps keep the cost of online services low or free.
Information shared with other parties
In addition, we may disclose your personal information collected through the online services to law enforcement agencies, government/regulatory bodies, and content protection organizations to:
• Protect our legal rights, privacy or safety, and those of our subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, agents and contractors or other individuals;
• Protect the safety and security of visitors to our online services or other properties;
• Protect against fraud or other illegal activity or for risk management purposes;
• Respond to inquiries or requests from government, regulatory, law enforcement or public authorities;
• Permit us to pursue available remedies, commence, participate in, or defend litigation, or limit the damages that we may sustain;
• Comply with the law including with subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, and other legal process; or
• Enforce applicable terms of service
Sale or transfer of all or part of our business or assets
We reserve the right to transfer your usage information and personal information in the event we sell or transfer all or a part of our business or assets so that the buyer can continue to offer you the online services. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to provide you with reasonable notice of such transfer, or as otherwise required by law. If you do not want your personal information to be processed following such a transfer, you should contact the subsequent owner of the business.
• Except where otherwise indicated we do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from children under the age of 13. We use an age-gate to make certain features unavailable for use by children under 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 in connection with those features. Where required, we will provide notice to and obtain verifiable consent from parents or guardians for the collection of personal information from children under 13, and provide parents or guardians the ability to request access to personal information we have collected from their children. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time with their children online and to be fully familiar with the online services used by their children. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child under 13 has provided us with information without his or her consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. As required by law, we will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
7. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We maintain procedural, technical and physical safeguards for our online services to help protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the personal information you provide via our online services. We also ask the service providers that help us deliver our online services to so the same. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our online services. Unfortunately, no transmission of data is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under our control to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. Therefore, any transmission of personal information to us is made at your own risk. If you believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please notify us using the contact details below.
8. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Communication Preferences and Opt-outs
If you have subscribed to one or more of our email newsletters or are receiving them from us and you don’t want them anymore, you can unsubscribe. Select the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any message, by other means provided to unsubscribe, or using the contact details below, to unsubscribe from marketing and promotional e-mails and associated marketing delivered to you on third party services based on your subscription data. However, you cannot unsubscribe from some service related messages.
Data Retention and Deletion
We will retain your data for as long as you use the online services and for a reasonable time thereafter. If you’d like to delete, modify or update the data that you provided via the online services please use the settings on the online services or contact us at email@example.com and we will respond in a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of this data may be required in order for the online services to function properly, and we may be required to retain certain information by law.
9. IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Links to Other Websites:
11. CONTACT US